If you have been nominated you may submit your application one of two ways:
- Online Applications (preferred) — You may submit your online application through this website by midnight, June 30, 2018.
- Printed and Mailed Applications — To download a pdf please click here: Application. If you choose to print out the online application and fill it out, please submit ten (10) printed copies of your completed application (pages 2-5 only) postmarked no later than June 30, 2018, to:
Dwight D. Eisenhower Excellence in Public Service Series
c/o Rebecca Wallick, 4902 W. 155th Terrace, Overland Park, KS 66224
Expectations for Applicants:
- Only registered Republican women living in the state of Kansas will be considered for selection.
- Please do not include materials other than those requested. (Do not send a photo.)
- Each applicant must include a letter of recommendation. This letter may be written by the person who nominated you or by any other fellow Republican.
- If you apply online, please instruct the person writing your recommendation letter to send it directly to the Series at the address listed above, postmarked no later than June 30, 2018.
- As part of the application process, you must be available for a personal interview on either Friday, August 10, in Wichita; or Saturday, August 11, in Topeka. Interviews will be conducted by members of the Board of Governors. (Please indicate your preference on your application. If you are unable to attend the interview, it is your responsibility to arrange an interview with members of the Board of Governors in your area prior to that date.)
- Members of the Board of Governors and the Honorary Board of Governors reserve the right to choose program participants based on basic selection criteria. Preference, however, will be given to those candidates who the board members believe will most likely utilize their leadership skills and apply the benefits of the Series in the political arena.
Privacy Notice: All information provided through the nomination and application process is confidential, shared only with the current members of the Board of Governors and the Honorary Board of Governors.
Expectations for Class Members:
- To participate, you must make appropriate arrangements to attend all Series functions. Most sessions are scheduled for Saturdays. Corresponding social events and other events may also be scheduled prior to or after each session.
- Attendance at all sessions is mandatory to be eligible for graduation.
- Selected class members are required to provide a high quality digital photograph for marketing purposes.
- Each class member is responsible for paying a class registration fee of $125 prior to the first session.
- Each class member is responsible for all travel expenses to attend the class sessions.
- All class members are highly encouraged to travel to Washington D.C. to attend the annual National Excellence in Public Service Series meeting. The Series pays for the cost of your meals and the national meeting registration. Lodging and transportation are each member’s responsibility.